Saturday, September 13, 2014

Benched

When I celebrated a significant birthday a few years ago I asked the family to contribute towards a bench, which they kindly did. It took me many months to find the right bench but it is now one of the joys of my life.

The bench sits under cover so I can use it all year around. In the winter I will sit on it during the middle of the day. In summer I will take my breakfast out to the bench or sit whilst I barbecue in the evening. At this time of the year it is perfect for an early morning cup of coffee and little bit of writing. The sun changes position as the seasons change and I can sit on different parts of the bench accordingly. It is nice to be made to pay attention to the way each day is a little different to the day before. I can sit and watch the rain fall on the garden. I have somewhere to put my cup. Someone can come and sit next to me. There is a lot to like about a bench. One of the great inventions. Everyone should have one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment