Friday, August 02, 2013

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz - L. Frank Baum

This is the Thirtieth in my one-book-at-a-time bookshelf.


I discovered the original The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and the many other wonderful stories by Baum many years ago. As with other classic children's books that are still in print and have been much re-imagined on stage and screen, there is something powerful about the original work. I encourage you to read the original which can be a little jarring because it was written so long ago and differs in some respects to the very familiar 1939 film version.

I only have a copy of the first book on my bookshelf and I couldn't take a snap for this post as it was being read by the boy so I've illustrated the post with a screen shot from my Kindle. Being published in 1911 The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is now in the public domain and so my Kindle holds all fourteen books under one cover! However I still like having a paperback copy on the bookshelf.


No comments:

Post a Comment