Monday, July 08, 2013

The Day of the Triffids - John Wyndham

This is the seventeenth in my one-book-at-a-time bookshelf.



When I re-read this recently I was surprised by the old fashioned nature of the writing and the extent of John Wyndham's vocabulary. It is a science fiction book written in a style we don't see today. However I wasn't surprised to find the story was still gripping and thought provoking. It is an excellent book on so many levels.

I might add that this Penguin Classic edition is nicely printed and easy to read, but they haven't covered themselves in glory by their choice of cover image. Yuk. Really!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, hideous cover! (I actually had not seen this one before. Very X-Files-esque.)

    As for the book, I've read and enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not getting much disagreement over the hideous cover. Won't be the last bad cover n a good book.

    ReplyDelete